We're hiring: Social Media Assistant
We're looking for a Social Media Assistant!
Are you passionate about telling stories on social media? Do you have your finger on the pulse of design and lifestyle trends? Looking to push your digital marketing skills to the next level?
bde is looking for a full-time Social Media Assistant to join our Social Media & Content Department. The Assistant will work on a wide variety of design & lifestyle client accounts, helping to create and execute content for clients’ channels. This role will report to the Senior Social Media Manager.
* Write, schedule, and execute daily content (posts) for client channels as determined by Senior Social Media Manager. Note: This will be kept to business hours as much as possible, but may include the occasional weekend or evening post.
* Maintain a growing knowledge of social media best practices across all channels, including: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin, Houzz, YouTube.
* Understand unique brand voice and tone across client channels.
* Maintain a growing knowledge of clients’ products and history, notable designers and industry figures, trends in the design industry
* Understand and learn how social media connects to clients’ overall goals.
* Assist in creating a quarterly plan for each client in the coming fiscal year.
* Assist in creating and maintaining monthly and weekly content plans for each client.
* Organize, track, and post last minute content suggestions for maximum effect.
* Optimize images for use on social media channels – correct size, resolution, etc.
* Track industry news as related to each client, taking note of competitors’ content and suggesting content to be curating on each channel, pending approval by the manager.
* Review success of content and channels daily, applying learnings to future strategy.
* Act as community manager on all accounts according to client directions.
* Attend and photograph events and shows for social media as needed.
* Assist with the creation and writing of client blogs and newsletters
* Support manager as needed on new initiatives and projects beyond daily content, including writing bde blogs, brainstorming and executing on special campaigns or projects, and creating marketing materials for bde.
* Natural team player
* Strong attention to detail – that means no typos even on your resume!
* Strategic and creative writing and thinking
* Naturally curious and desire to discover – about our clients, the design and social media industries, and more
* Participation in occasional after-hours events for client coverage on social media (and team bonding!)
* Ability to receive constructive criticism and learn from feedback
* Quick worker with ability to meet deadlines
* Willingness to go beyond “good” and bring your best to the table
* What you don’t know – ask!
* Dedication to the company, the team and the clients we serve
* 1+ years of experience in social media for brands preferred
Interested in applying? Do some research. Check out our website. Then, write a cover letter about why you’re interested in joining the bde team as a Social Media Assistant, what social media means to you and what you’re passionate about.
Please send all inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org