We're hiring: Social Media Assistant
We're looking for a Social Media Assistant!
Are you passionate about telling stories on social media? Do you have your finger on the pulse of design and lifestyle trends? Looking to push your digital marketing skills to the next level? We’re looking for a Social Media Assistant to join our growing Social Media & Content department.
WHO IS BDE?
For over 20 years, we’ve worked with companies big and small with design in their DNA on PR, events, social media, content marketing, and more. As a boutique firm we work with clients who are at the top of their field, including Alessi, FLOS, Ligne Roset, SIRHA, and more. In 2018 we formed a strategic partnership with a global agency, strengthening our position as both local and global experts.
bde is looking for a full-time Social Media Assistant to join our Social Media & Content Department. The Assistant will work on a wide variety of design & lifestyle clients, helping to create and execute content for clients’ channels. This role will report to the Director of Social Media and Social Media Manager.
- Write, schedule, and execute daily content (posts) for client channels as determined by Senior Social Media Manager. Note: This will be kept to business hours as much as possible, but may include the occasional weekend or evening post.
- Understand unique brand voice and tone across client channels.
- Assist in creating a quarterly plan for each client in the coming fiscal year.
- Assist in creating and maintaining monthly and weekly content plans for each client.
- Organize, track, and post last minute content suggestions for maximum effect.
- Optimize images for use on social media channels – correct size, resolution, etc.
- Act as community manager on all accounts according to client directions.
- Attend and photograph events and shows for social media as needed.
- Assist with the creation and writing of client blogs and newsletters
- Support manager as needed on new initiatives and projects beyond daily content, including writing bde blogs, brainstorming and executing on special campaigns or projects, and creating marketing materials for bde.
- Track industry news as related to each client, taking note of competitors’ content and suggesting content to be curating on each channel, pending approval by the manager.
- Maintain a growing knowledge of clients’ products and history, notable designers and industry figures, trends in the design industry
- Maintain a growing knowledge of social media best practices across all channels, including: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin, Houzz, YouTube.
- Natural team player
- Strong attention to detail – that means no typos even on your resume!
- Strategic and creative writing and thinking
- Naturally curious and desire to discover – about our clients, the design and social media industries, and more
- Participation in occasional after-hours events for client coverage on social media (and team bonding!)
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and learn from feedback
- Quick worker with ability to meet deadlines
- Willingness to be great
- What you don’t know – ask!
- Dedication to the company, the team and the clients we serve
- 1+ years of experience in social media for brands and/or in agency environment preferred
- Full-time salary, based on experience
- Health & dental insurance
- Perk of your choice! I.e. transportation reimbursement, subsidized gym membership, etc.
- Company outings to top art & design exhibitions, functions, and parties in New York
- Supportive, creative team that embraces a “work hard, play hard” mentality
Do your research – check out our website! Please send your resume along with a cover letter about why you’re interested in joining the bde team as a Social Media Assistant, what social media means to you and what you’re passionate about. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT COVER LETTERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Please send all inquiries to:
workatbde (at) gmail (dot) com
with "Social Media Assistant - YOUR NAME" in the subject line